Friday, July 26, 2013

Students' Favorite Things

                                                                 
                                       
A few favorites.....

1.  I like to start the year out with Second Grade Rules, Amber BrownStudents are introduced to Deskarina and learn that she will fly to our classroom and visit once a month.  It really does help promote clean desks!  Sometimes students choose to write Deskarina while they are at the Work on Writing center.
 

2.  Hopefully a new favorite -  The first chapter book read aloud will be How to Eat Fried Worms.  My goal is to make a worm farm for the students to observe.  Temporary pets!


                         Worm science experiment:
(See my science experiment post to see a photo of this experiment.)


3.  The next several read alouds:
 
 
Last year my students enjoyed all five Gooney Bird books!

4.  Quiet work music....
Great to use during Writer's Workshop.  Students often request it if I forget to turn it on.  I love music in the classroom!

5.  Martian fingers... for Read to Self
link

Find many more ideas here:  Mrs. Bainbridge - blog link